Welcome to our brand new Bournemouth Chamber of Trade and Commerce Blog.
We aim to Blog 2 to 4 times a month with blogs themed around our events and providing educational content. We will be inviting our venues and speakers to educate to our members on how they benefit our members.
Here some pointers on what makes a good blog from my experience as a blogger
- Useful Content – I learned a long time ago that if you want followers and readers you have to write about things that will interest as wider audience as possible. Our audience will be business owners.
- Accurate Content – Its important to get the content right but even if you do make a mistake you can bet your life someone will tell you. Fortunately most readers are very helpful and will also contribute suggestions.
- Regular Posts – you have to post regularly
- Variety – Cover a wide variety of topics
- Pictures – Blogs without pictures, charts and graphics are boring – makesure you have the right and permission to use the pictures
- Share – Post blogs every where on Social Media and encourage others to do the same
- Pick a good title – The title will be found by search engines so try to think about what someone might search for
- Video – You Tube has plenty and most people would love you to link to their video as it will increase their hits as well as yours – make sue the video is appropriate and you aren’t infringing the owners copy write
- Infographics – I love infographics and try to create your own when ever possible
- Keep it simple – Try not to make the blogs too complicated otherwise you will limit your audience
Blogging will be by invite only but please send any suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org