There are numerous web analytics management platforms out there for you to use to monitor the performance of your website. Through them you can see where your website traffic is coming from, how many visitors you get, where they are going, and through which channels e.g. search, social and advertising they found your site.
One of the most popular is Google Analytics, used by many organisations to monitor and measure the impact of their website and other parts of their marketing mix. Here are just some of our top reasons why we at e-nexus think you should add Google Analytics or a similar system to your website and most importantly use the insight gained to boost your marketing.
• It provides key insights that can help you shape the strategy of your business.
• It’s easy to use. New users can quite easily grasp the basic principles of Google Analytics such as goals, conversions, visits, referrals etc.
• It’s free – Google doesn’t charge you for using this tool.
• Google Analytics is key when trying to understand where your website visitors are coming from. You’ll be much better able to see who they are and what they want.
• It will enable you to determine the impact of your related marketing activities outside of your website. Set up correctly you’ll have a huge amount of data around which adverting campaign or social media platform is working best for you.
• It provides real-time tracking. You can see who is visiting your website right now! This means that you will know amongst other things how many active users are on your site, which pages they’re looking at and where they are from.
• Automated data collection. Once you set up your account and copy a simple piece of code onto your site, Google Analytics will start collecting the data automatically. You can access a wide range of reports immediately whether they be set up by Google Analytics or custom reports created by yourself.
• Extensive help is available online. If you are a first-time user, Google’s documentation and videos on Youtube can help you get started quickly.
Google Analytics and tools like it can do wonders for your business. They provide you with easily accessible insights that can be used to improve the performance of your website and other areas of your marketing mix. Get set up and use the knowledge to enhance your marketing efforts.
Want to learn more?
For further tips and hints on how to connect data and insight to enhance your marketing impact visit our e-nexus blog at http://www.measure4success.wordpress.com
In addition we are running an e-nexus marketing evening seminar on 11th June in Southbourne, Bournemouth focused on web analytics. Find out more and book your place by visiting our Eventbrite page. Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.